Healthy Spaghetti, and a Solution to Dieting
I just finished reading an awesome book on healthy eating. The thing that makes it so awesome is that it simplifies healthy eating, tells you why you need to eat healthy (not just because it helps you stay lean), and gives tonnes of recipes.
As a gift from me to you, here’s a recipe by the author, Isabel De Los Rios.
HEALTHY SPAGHETTI AND MEAT BALLS (originally published on thedietsolution.com)
Spaghetti Squash & Sauce
1 spaghetti squash (4-5 pounds)
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
6 plum tomatoes, chopped
½ cup crushed tomato
2 tablespoons tomato paste
½ cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Wrap the whole squash in foil. Place it on a baking sheet and bake for 1 to 2 hours, until tender when pierced with a fork, turning the squash over halfway through cooking. Set aside to cool.
2. Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. (You can use butter to aid in the cooking.) Add the onions and garlic and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until softened. Add the plum tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, and basil. Simmer gently for 15 minutes. Set aside.
3. Make the turkey meatballs (see below). Pour the tomato sauce that you set aside previously over the meatballs in the baking dish. Cook for 10 more minutes.
4. Cut the cooked spaghetti squash in half. Remove and discard the seeds. Scoop out 3 cups of squash from the shell. (Reserve the remaining squash for future use). Arrange the squash on a serving platter and top with the meatball-marinara sauce mixture.
1 lb ground turkey
1 egg, beaten
½ cup sprouted grain bread crumbs
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
1-2 cloves garlic (depending on how much you like garlic)
1 teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients together in bowl, roll into balls.
3. Place in baking dish.
4. Bake for 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
Where to find this book
Unfortunately, this book is only available as an ebook. The good news is, you can literally buy it and read it within 2 seconds of each other. Click here to watch a free video preview of the book.
Why I personally like this book so much
Everything that this book talks about is everything that I believe in (when it comes to eating properly). It tells you what carbs to eat, when to eat them, what proteins to eat, what fats to eat, how to lose fat, contains a whole cook book, how to feel healthier, how to have more energy, the truth about soy, the truth about dairy, whether you should be drinking pasteurized milk, and so much more. If you combined all of my articles on JMaxFitness.com, you would only skim the surface of the amount of quality content that this book provides.
Another reason why I like this book so much is because I have family members following it and getting great results. I know what you’re thinking, “Jason, why don’t you just tell them what to do?”. Here’s what I’ve found: people don’t commit to following FREE advice. When they pay for something, they commit to and follow it (who wants to waste their money?).
Who this book is NOT for:
Males. Sorry bro.
Here’s the reason: this book has 69 pages of completely done-for-you meal plans. The only problem is: the meal plans are for girls (aka too small of portions for most men). Yet, all of the other knowledge contained in this book (besides the meal plans) can be applicable to anyone.
Are you a girl?
If so, you might as well watch the video preview of this book (it has a baby in it too). (Click the picture below)
No related posts.